Thursday, August 16, 2012

Otherkin by Nina Berry

I thought I knew myself. Then I met Caleb.

Dez is a good girl who does as she’s told and tries not to be noticed.
Then she rescues a boy from a cage, and he tells her secrets about herself.
Now inside her burns a darkness that will transform her.

Everything is about to change -- and neither Caleb, nor the Otherkin, nor those who hunt them are prepared for what Dez will unleash.


OTHERKIN

Otherkin is one of those books I wasn't sure if I liked or not. I was amazed how the story went right into the action and propelled you forward from there, but then the story kinda died off for me in the middle. Let me explain a little farther what I mean. Dez the main heroine in the story is a tiger shifter, here's the catch though she had no clue she was a shifter. Next she is caught and set up in "prison" with a cute guy. For a paranormal YA book it had me at this point. Then came some battles but  the story starts dragging when Dez enters school. I felt like the story lost me because it veered away from the otherworld and some things that needed explanation. All in all, it was a good light read, but I am going to withhold my 5 Stars on this one. This book defiantly could give rise to an epic series, I will just wait and see what's to come.

Check out the below sites to get more information this book:
http://thetulgey.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/writerninaberry

and once again that you netgallery.com for providing a copy of this book to review.