The bullet points
- I have read 4 books at least that remind me so much of twilight, and at least 6 that are very hunger gameish. All new within the last 3 yrs. remind you.
- Love freakin' triangles, are a staple of literature, but now they seem to be forcing you to focus on the couples instead of letting you marinate into them as you read the story.
- Plots are crap, the authors treat all teens like they are love struck idiots, this is in a lot chic lit books. Most heroines are TDTL.
- The steam punk craze, I swear....There is a few good plotted books that were well thought out, but so many others were just thrown together and sent to make money.
- Finally my biggest Peeve, is all the prom dresses....FYI authors a girl in prom dress on your cover does not always represent the book.
Dystopian: Uglies Series by Scott Westerfield, Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson
Steam Punk: The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge, The Girl in Steel Corset by Kady Cross
Fairy Tale ( We are taking Prince/ Princesses/ Fey here): The Lost Prince by Julie Kagwa, The Luxe series by Anna Godberson (Basically is Gossip Girl in the 19th century)
Creature fantasy (werewolves, vampire, etc): Onyx (Lux series) by Jennifer Armentrout, The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead