Friday, October 19, 2012

this week...Heart Search excerpt

Be prepared, for today viewers I give to you for your entrainment value an excerpt of Heart Search. Yes, the be prepared did remind me of Lion King.
 

Without futher delay I give to you......an excerpt of Heart Search from Remy's POV.




“I’ve had an idea,” I announced. “It might be a bit wacky, but hear me out before you comment – please. Okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” I could tell by her expression her level of interest was now off the chart.

“Okay. When I was looking through the photos earlier to find one we could use for the posters, a passing thought flitted into my head. It didn’t register at the time, or so I believed, but then it came back to me. The majority of the photos were taken either on holiday or one of the many weekend breaks we took. Then it occurred to me that maybe Josh has gone to stay at one of the places we’d visited together, somewhere which brought back happy memories. I know it’s a long shot and maybe I’m paddling up the wrong creek, but it’s as likely a theory as any and I sure as hell haven’t come up with anything better. Sooo . . . my brilliant idea is to visit those places and see if I can find him . . .” I shrugged my shoulders at her and waited for her response.

She sat quietly for a few minutes digesting and cogitating then a small smile lit up her face.

“I think that’s a pretty good idea actually. At least it’s a plan and it’s much better than sitting here twiddling our thumbs. I can only see one small flaw. . .”

“What?”

“Have you any idea how long it will take? You do have a fantastic job – are you willing to throw away all the hard work you put in to get the promotion?”

Her remarks, whilst having some validity, had irritated me. “I’m not stupid, you know,” I snapped.
 
 
Like what you just read, well you can thank this lovely lady below.

Carlie M A Cullen

Carlie M A Cullen was born in London. She grew up in Hertfordshire where she first discovered her love of books and writing. She has been an administrator and marketer all her working life and is also a professional teacher of Ballroom and Latin American dancing.

Carlie has always written in some form or another, but Heart Search: Lost is her first novel. This was launched 8th October 2012 through Myrddin Publishing Group and work has started on book two: Heart Search: Found. She writes mainly in the Fantasy/Paranormal Romance genres for YA, New Adult and Adult.

Carlie is also a professional editor.
Carlie also holds the reins of a writing group called Writebulb. Their first anthology, The Other Way Is Essex, was published September 2012 under Myrddin Publishing Group.
Carlie currently lives in Essex, UK with her daughter.