Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Your Guardian Angel


 
 
 
 
 
Young Adult
Date Published:12/4/12


For Ruby Moore life is far more complicated than that of your average teen,
for she is in no way average. Ruby is a vampire and her life as a vampire is far
from traditional...

It has been one year since her normal life was brutally taken from her. Still adjusting
to the shock of the change from mortal to immortal, her world is rocked again and
she is taken under the wings of a guardian angel back to Sage Sanctum, a school
beyond reach from the vampires that are determined to destroy her.

There, she is freed from her vampire chains and her normal needs and urges return.
However, a new urge arises... Lust. A forbidden lust toward her savior, her guardian
angel.

Attempting to control these desires is difficult, very difficult and when things
couldn't possibly get any worse, her situation becomes life or death as someone,
somewhere in the school is aiding those who want her dead.


Now for a a guest post by this amazing author. Read her take on vampires in her book.

Vampires in Your Guardian Angel.

Yes, there are vampires in Your Guardian Angel, but before you groan and close the web page, hear me out. The vampires in Your Guardian Angel are different and by different I mean they keep a lot of the ‘old’ traditions—there are no new age twists to my vampires (that I’m aware of). They can’t come out during the day, they can’t survive off animal blood, and they can be burned with silver. The vampires in my series are the bad guys.

I think the biggest risk when writing about vampires is making them too soft, it can go either way. They’re dead, cold and alone and they’ve been that way for centuries. Ask yourself, would you really give a crap about anything if you were dead, cold and alone for hundreds of years? I wouldn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good vampire/human romance, more than the next reader (if not more) just don’t overdo it—they aren’t human. I also think that writing about vampires in the ‘good’ sense immediately makes people quick to assume it’s exactly like Twilight. Do yourself a favour and be original which means following the old traditions, strangely enough. I don’t if I’m meant to ask a question at the end of a guest post, but I will anyway. Do you read vampire novels? If so, do you prefer them to be the bad guy or the good guy? And why?