Friday, June 21, 2013

Night Hawk Review





Selling your soul has never been so charming and Mark throws in a little something to sweeten the pot, his girlfriend Naomi.

Sentenced to death at the hands of a demon, Naomi Hawk has a firsthand lesson in despair and betrayal in Mark’s deal for fame with all the trimmings. Deep in the clutches of the underground brotherhood, Naomi's light is coveted for the Master's gain.

When she slips and falls eighty stories from a precarious ledge, Naomi resigns herself to the inevitable impact and death by shattered bones. Before she can escape her demons in eternal slumber, something sinister plucks her from the plummet, stealing her out of the night to sacrifice her forever to the shadows.

Imprisoned in bottomless darkness, Naomi thirsts for justice…and revenge


 Review: This is one of those books where I read the beginning am like good concept and keeps me wanting to read more, then we get towards the middle end. That is when I go, excuse me, wtf is going on. I honestly enjoyed it till the whole tiger craziness and some other random pieces. This is one of those stories I felt would be fine with less instead of more. All in all, it wasn't a bad read because it has some good points and lots of potential. I respected the heroine for not just sitting and taking what was thrown, that was one of the redeeming qualities in this book. The end and beginning held the most action, but some of the middle "room" scenes felt forced onto me.






review copy provided through netgalley