Friday, January 22, 2016

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs Book Review

Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?

Review: I have read this series since it first came out and have reviewed some of the predecessors on here. First off can I say just how BA this cover looks. I felt this book had a different tone though. In the last book there was some much craziness and excitement that it just made this one feel a little flat. Mercy seems to realize in this book that she is not immortal and is playing the game a little safer. There is however lots of action with new an old faces alike. Also, the end kind of bummed me out because I like *spoiler* a certain fey item . To be frank I thought the story added to the series but was not my favorite in the series. I think it showed how far Mercy has come from removing parts from the rabbit in Adam's yard, and I think that was the point of this book.